Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sal and Mookie's Saturday


Saturday was better. I still didn't feel well, but after having a total of 3 crackers on Friday, I ventured out of the house. We visited Mimi in the hospital, but I didn't breathe on anyone and kept my distance. Jim suggested Sal and Mookie's for a quick lunch because they wanted hot wings for dinner. Just what I needed.....

Sal and Mookie's is one of Hollie's company establishments. I highly recommend it. It was loud, but the service was outstanding and the pizza is unparalleled. There is a huge list of available toppings and many suggested pies. We selected the Gambino for the adults and a pepperoni for the boys. We had picked up Greyton by then and he is hilarious. The Gambino - ricotta, mozzarella, Fontina, Italian sausage, caramelized onions, and sautéed spinach. Excellent! See more about the pizzeria/Pie bar/ice cream shop here: http://www.salandmookies.com/ or watch "Do the Right Thing". They have an excellent beer selection, but I stuck to water. Check it out if you are ever in the Fondren area.

1 comment:

emilyb said...

We also heart Sal and Mookies :)

And I'm personally missing being able to WALK home from Sal and Mookie's. Great kid place, but PIE lounge is also beautiful with the giant mojito and all.....