Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Polenta and Braised Pork Lasagna


It's Heather blogging this time. I couldn't sleep last night and stayed up working on this dish. I found it on epicurious.com. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/POLENTA-AND-BRAISED-PORK-LASAGNE-13074 I tried not to deviate from the recipe at all. The reviews all made a comment on the limited amount of polenta and I would have to agree. If I were to make it again (and I will), I would probably make 4 times the amount of polenta. The polenta was really good, though. Next time I will make the polenta the day before and let it set. I would find the pan you plan on cooking the whole thing in and make one big layer somehow. If I perfect this, I will blog later.

As you can probably see from the picture, it was runny due to the polenta not setting up and there was not a lot of it. I had to add extra salt and some pepper. I would suggest adding more to the pork mixture. Other than those two changes, I really enjoyed this recipe and will make something similar. Bon Appetito!

No comments: