Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pan braised halibut with saffron risotto


We have been waiting for Tony's to get in some fresh halibut. At $20/lb you have to eat it sparingly, but with a 4 oz serving, it really isn't too much of a splurge. We bought the halibut after we had been to the grocery, expecting to have something different. We didn't have any potatoes at home so I thought about making some rice for an accompaniment. I really wanted something with more texture and asked Heather to make some risotto. She did and it was her usual thick, creamy, rich goodness. I steamed some fresh green beans to give us some contrast and color. This is one of the dishes where each part was good individually, but really didn't come together with synergy. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it very much, but will do some things differently next time. The Italian Pinot Grigio was the only thing that pulled every thing together.

No comments: