Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Peppercorn pork with lemon spinach



Don't be turned off by the title. I was really surprised out how good this dish really was. Cheap, somewhat healthy and delicious. Trifecta baby! This is the basic recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/peppercorn-chicken-with-lemon-spinach-recipe/index.html

I had some pork so I used it instead of chicken. I took dijon, balsamic vinegar, garlic, pepper, and some fresh rosemary (courtesy of the Smith's) and marinated it all day. I grilled the chops while Heather did the rest. The spinach is pretty much straight with the recipe. The sauce was pretty much too, but she used Chianti instead of brandy and red onion instead of shallots. It really added to the dish. We had 4 clean plates. When does that EVER happen? Oh, I didn't give Tanner any spinach. Or I didn't make Tanner eat spinach. Whichever version you want to go with.....

No comments: