Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Huevos Rancheros


I got up early Sunday and was going to make a breakfast casserole of some sort. I looked over the things we had and decided to go for Huevos Rancheros. I chopped half an onion and cooked it down with a can of fire roasted tomatoes. I added some cumin, chipotle powder, and a few other random spices. Then I took the leftover oil from Heather's artichoke fritters and fried some corn tortillas. I kept them warm in the oven and got everything else ready. I took two tortillas each and covered them with refried beans. I fried 2 eggs to medium and placed them on the tortillas. I covered them with the ranchero sauce and at the last minute, tossed some shredded sharp cheddar on top. I had made a cafe mocha for us earlier. I don't know if I will do this again, but it was fun for this time.

No comments: