Monday, October 13, 2008

Crab Cakes from Heaven

Mimi sent me an amazing birthday present. 4 - 8oz crabcakes from Angelina's of Maryland (www.crabcake.com). WOW! I was excited, but had to wait a few days for the opportunity to enjoy them. Heather made a salad with goat cheese, strawberries, and toasted pecans. It had a light balsamic vinaigrette. Very light and happy. I steamed some broccoli for a side item, but the crabcake was the show stealer. I have always thought of crabcakes as breading with cheap crab meat. Not these. There were a few flakes of herbs they had used, but the majority was just HUGE chunks of crab. I browned them quickly then added lemon juice and Sauvagnion Blanc and covered them to try to heat them through to the middle. That was a challenge because of the shear size of these bad boys. One of the best b-day presents ever. I have 2 more in the freezer. I'll save those for a special occasion, like Thursday.....


No comments: