Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chicken enchiladas and bean dip


Harrison was paying us a visit and I had a long day at work. I didn't want anything complicated so I went with chicken enchiladas. I seasoned and grilled chicken breasts, then took two forks and shredded them. I used some frozen corn kernels and drained a can of black beans. I mixed 4 oz of of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sour cream, shredded cheddar, cumin, cayenne, and some Pace salsa. I added the chicken, corn, and black beans to the mix and mixed it all up. Then I filled flour tortillas with the mixture, placed them in a disposable aluminum pan and covered them with cheese and canned enchilada sauce. I opened a can of refried beans, added the other 4 oz of cream cheese, sour cream, and jalapeƱos and heated it up for some bean dip.
Here is where I got the idea:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sara-moulton/baked-chicken-cheese-enchiladas-recipe/index.html

No comments: