Saturday, September 27, 2008

The glorious return of a college staple


I thought Heather and I had single handedly eaten enough Kelly's Chili with Beans to keep the company afloat. However, several years ago, it disappeared. I remember when it started getting difficult to find, we would buy all the store had left and hoard it from the non-deserving general public. We morned it's loss for quite some time. We would occasionally try a can of Campbell's or some other poser brand, but it was just never the same. What is odd, is I was Googling 2 weeks ago to see if there was a way to mail order it. All I found was lots of other lost souls with the same lament. Then, as if by divine intervention, it showed up on the shelves at our local Kroger. I cannot tell you the satisfying pleasure of that first spoonful of greasy goodness. I am going to back today to start stockpiling just in case it was an anomaly.

No comments: