Saturday, January 3, 2009

"What are we going to do now?"

I had a terrifying phone call last night. Lisa Smith called to break the news that Tony's is closed. Our favorite meat market is gone. I am at a loss for words. I spent hours last night trying to find an alternate source for those wonderful selections Scott always had. The rumor mill has already started that Scott is relocating to the soon to open Piggly Wiggly in Saltillo, but will he have the same selection even if the rumor is true? We are planning a trip to Memphis next weekend and will try a few markets up there, but we can't do that very often. There is always Fresh Market in Jackson while we are down there, but the last time we were there they didn't have tasso or short ribs. I am going to try the Sysco route and maybe some contacts I have with some other food service sources to get some osso bucco direct, but those are just wisps of hope.

Farewell Scott, you will be missed. (I just hope not for long)....

No comments: