Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Meatloaf with creamed potatoes and early peas


It has gone by many monikers; Mystery Meat, Alpo Special, and other not so nice names. Yes, we made meatloaf. I thought about different ways to use the ground beef we had in the freezer and this thought struck me. After a quick google hack, I found Alton Brown's recipe. Why didn't I start with AB? I will from now on. It was the best meatloaf I have ever had. Period. Get the recipe here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-meat-loaf-recipe/index.html
Mom’s Meatloaf
ByGregory K.
What “meat” this is, I cannot say,
Upon my plate, a slab of gray.
The texture doesn’t give a clue,
But makes it not much fun to chew.
I wonder, did it cluck or moo?
Or oink or baa? Or bark or mew?
What meat this is, I’ll never know.
It sure is mighty tasty, though!

No comments: