Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fillet with boursin butter and creamed spinach


We found some beef tenderloin at Sam's for a very reasonable price, but I was hesitant because it was Sam's. All doubt was removed when we seasoned them up with Penzey's spice and black pepper. I had the grill so hot that it wouldn't register on the thermometer. I would guess it was about 800 degrees. I plopped them down for about 2 minutes per side and they were a beautiful medium rare. I took half of a package of boursin and mixed it with 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter. I topped the steaks with the boursin butter and let it melt. Heather had made a packaged creamed spinach that I added just a touch of cayenne to. It was pure luck, but it might have been the best fillet since we went to Ruth Chris' Steakhouse. We enjoyed a nice Grenache with it and it was a memorable meal.

No comments: