Friday, April 3, 2009

Death of the oven


While I was preparing the short ribs, I noticed the oven we EXTREMELY hot. I turned the oven off, but there was an error code on the display. At this point, smoke was coming off the enamel of the dutch oven. In a panic, Heather and I ran to the breaker box and turned it off. After we had eaten and the oven had somewhat cooled, I flipped the breaker back on and the oven fired up both elements on high. I flipped it back off to keep the house from burning down and did a quick google on the error. WOW! A lot of people have had the same problem. The oven sensor is bad. Logic would tell you if the sensor is broken, don't turn on. This Kenmore P-O-S turns on. Not just on, but full blast. What a fire hazard. URGH! More money down the drain....

No comments: