Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baked Whole Red Snapper

This beauty was swimming off Galveston this afternoon. The fish had a tag the lets you track it through a website.

I asked my fish monger to clean and dehead it. Heather isn't into what she is eating looking back at her. I started by seasoning the outside with salt and pepper.


I made a blend of butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, tons of garlic, and Old Bay seasoning. I shoved that in the cavity of the snapper.

I sealed the whole thing in foil and baked @350 for 45 minutes.

No "fishy" smell was a good sign.

I plated it with some butter and herb angel hair pasta.


Not the most inexpensive meal we had this week, but one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Swell said...

Your choice is so nice and I like your blog style very much.