Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rib Roast

  Heather picked up a rib roast from Fresh Market. I wanted to repeat what I did for Christmas last year. I started by making a paste with horseradish, fresh thyme, coarse black pepper, rosemary, crushed garlic, and olive oil. I coated the roast with the paste, wrapped it in foil and let it rest in the fridge overnight.  

 I let it come to room temperature before placing in a roasting pan and roasting it on a low 275 oven until it reached 130 in the middle of the roast. I cooked it slow because I wanted it to be the same amount of doneness throughout. If you are serving for a group that might want different temps, you can kick up the temp. Anything more than medium rare would be sad, but some people just don't understand.

 

 Heather made a sun dried tomato rissoto and steamed some broccoli. She also made a mushroom sauce. 


No comments: